Tuesday, May 06, 2014

GLUTEN FREE CALAMARI WITH SAUCE TARTAR



The great thing is not that I make a lot of food from scratch here, the bigger miracle is maybe that the kitchen is clean every day after I am done messing it up. And messing I do. No options of  "I cook, you clean", or " I do it soon". I cook, eat and clean. Wow. 

But the bigger surprise of the day was finding a tiny bag of gluten free bread crumbs in the freezer. I was looking for cake when I found them. It's akin to finding that dime bag under your couch cushion when you watch Star Wars or something. Total excitement.

Tuesday is market day in Jarnac, so all I had to decide on was what to deep fry. Did not want Schnitzel since I ate tons in Austria last week, so something fish it had to be. Fresh Calamari? Never made them before, but many times ordered at Earls.  It cannot be that difficult if a line cook makes them? And the fish monger even cleaned then up for me. 
I never really enjoyed a tomato based Marinara sauce with my squid, so I also made Tartar sauce from scratch.  

The result did not look anything like the food they serve at Earls, but let me tell you, 100% tasty and gluten free.  Did I mention the kitchen is cleaned already?




YEP, IT'S CLEAN


NO RINGS AFTER CLEANING...

GLUTEN FREE DIME BAG

CUT BITE SIZE

USE ONLY THE BEST
(Available soon nation wide)

BATTER GOOD

FRY FOR A COUPLE UNTIL GOLDEN

HOME MADE TARTAR SAUCE

TRES FRAICHE, CETTE CREME FRAICHE

DRY THESE FIRST IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE SAUCE TOO VINGRAY TASTING

IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE LUMPY

SERIOUSLY THE BEST

MORE POTATOES

TRY IT

IT'S EASY TO MAKE


No comments: